Saturday, October 27, 2012

In The Spotlight! Gluten-free Olive Rosemary Loaf From New Cascadia Traditional


Another Friendly Favorite!

This is one damn good hard loaf from New Cascadia Traditional, Portland's first gluten-free bakery. Soft, chewy center with juicy, whole black olives and hints of rosemary. Yummm. This bread is so good, it's hard to tell it's gluten-free.

New Cascadia only bakes their olive rosemary loaf on Tuesdays and Saturdays, and it's so good it practically flies off the shelves. They sell it at the Saturday Portland Farmer's Market, at New Seasons Markets, and at their bakery/cafe on the corner of SE Market and 6th.

It stays soft for 2-3 days, which is really great for gluten-free bread. It's excellent with soups and salads, dipped in olive oil, and served with cheese (goat and sheep for me.) It's a crowd pleaser at parties, even for gluten eaters.

I'm sorry that my readers living outside the Portland area can't also enjoy this product. But you will know where to go when you come for a visit.

For a complete list of the purveyors who sell New Cascadia's baked goods, click here.


Like Eating Friendly

Eating Friendly Twitter

1 comment:

  1. Just a quick note to my readers: I've bought a couple loaves of this bread to share with my friends lately, and I've noticed the quality of this bread has fallen a little. It's a little dryer and denser than it's been in the past. Maybe it's because this time of year is full of dinner parties, and New Cascadia is having a hard time keeping up. I think I'll write a little note to New Cascadia and ask them if they've recently changed their recipe and/or replaced their baker.

    ReplyDelete